jeudi 14 juin 2012

To khiva, June 14

Morning fully dedicated to bike maintenance , oil change , filters , chain , air filter

I finally take off 3 pm for khiva , a tourist destination with architecturals wonders and lot of history - it s the hubb of the ancient silk road

The 200 km is ok and I cross red sand deserts , where mountains starts , looks a bit like the assekrem mountains in Algeria. The road start to follow a big river, frontier of secret Turkmenistan . I unfortunately will not be able to cross over to see a bit of the country , as obtaining a visa in the most closed ex-soviet country , was impossible for an individual.

2 police check with people definitely more interested by the bike than by paperworks.

I find an hotel just outside the old town and that looks beautiful - I ll take a look tomorrow morning - there is a pool in the hotel ! and I jump in it immediately

I m like coming from out of space in the middle of the tourist hotel

I need to find an octane booster to add in the tank if I don't want to break the engine , but I ve no idea if that exist here

Perhaps there will be something like that in buxara, next city 550 km down South

What is strange is that there are only simple cars ,Chinese , Russian , Japanese not at all any of our sophisticated euro 4/5 - as the petrol is so bad that none of them will work here

Green is not arrived here...

Let's see what will be tomorrow



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire