mercredi 13 juin 2012

In Kazakhstan

Ambience derricks , oil field , dust, heat and potholes roads. I follow the 2 jumping-mopeds for some kilometers and hit the road again alone- straight to the Uzbekistan border
A police check for over speeding that ends with photos on the bike and good fun.
Stop over after 600 km, wild camping 1 km from the road.

New day - I ll pass the border today
200 km of terrible gravel road full of potholes - then 10 km of truck queues before the border.
And ..
I do not find my passport !!!!
Turn back to the place i used to be another 200 km to try to find the cops with who I was dealing with my passport and bike papers
I find the village (very poor , btw, with building almost collapsed..) in the middle of nowhere and start to ask people in the street showing the picture of the cop , that fortunately I ve on my camera!
After an hour , the guy pop up with my papers ... I was ready to change the plans to to ride to Almaty 4000 km away in Kazakhstan to the French embassy to make another passport and start again the process for all the visas ..
I do again the 200 km to the border , with the same 10 km of truck queue.
2 hours to get out of Kazakhstan , and 2 hours to get in Uzbekistan
Night is here , now
I pass another 10km of truck queue on Uzbekistan side .. And stop over camping in complete darkness - riding 3 km away from the road in the desert- I m completely exhausted - I go to sleep at 1 am
635 km today

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire