vendredi 22 juin 2012

21 waiting ni Almaty

The lasts 150 km to Almaty is a total change , I follow the mountains right hand and everything. Is green. The road turns to highway and now western European standards cars fill up the road driving like maniacs.imcredible quantity of big 4x4 toyota, hummer, brand new - lot of money here. Huge traffic jams and the bike start to heat again.
I find the hotel and try to do the registration of my visa - can be done only tomorrow and I ll have to wait until tomorrow 6 pm.skycrappers big malls what the hell is going on here, unbelievable as the last big city I crossed was Bucharest and it was 7 000 km ago
I find the only bike shop - as well since Bucharest - they have a mix of bikes, snowmobile, and water bikes .. The cool boss of free riders explain me that the motorbikes are prohibited in e city!!! Unbelievable , the only city in the world where they prefer to have cars and massive traffic jams .
At the end I can buy chain grease, and a spare chain - just in case - as mine start to be a bit tired and I still have 15000km ahead with no possibility to find anything.
They invite me to pass by tomorrow evening and will show me where to go in the mountain to escape the city when leaving
They show me what they're doing in Dubai , and the guy dreams about racing the Dakar.
Very strange mix of population here, asiatic and European type, but no one speaks English at all.
Almaty is definitly the capital of central Asia

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire