samedi 2 juin 2012

Across western Europe

On highway from marseille to Austria crossing switzerland could have been boring if I didn't have an interesting flat on the rear tyre to fix.
Weather turned wrong with lot if rains after Innsbruck and I stopped over in an real-German-style hotel around saltzburg where the owner, a 60th showed me the pictures of him in his 20ths ,motoXing and braking 15 bones (!!)
The day after o crossed entire Austria and hungaria , staying on the highway. Last time I was on the road in hungaria was in 1984, and there is a bit of a change !i remember roads with no vehicle but trabant and cattle powered chariots
now , no difference with Germany ad Austria..just 50 km before the Romania border the taste start to change . Bad road , strange villages and definitly poor people here . Lot of trucks at the border , and I overtake at least 5 km of stopped ones
Entering Romania is entering in another age. A big mess , looks like a mix of Italy +Greece + Spain in the 80th!
Potholes on the roads, a mess of phone lines and power lines , cattle on the road, arriving in oradea frontier city that doesn't look very neat , comparing to the "German"neighbours- here is the real border with the EAST
Btw by total casuality I enter an hotel that was the best place in town -cf lonely planet - but I did not know .
People are completely different as well , very noisy . Screaming . Speaking loud all the time . Here are Latin people no Germans any more !
Today I ll cross transylvania and carpath mountains , the narrows roads crosses stranges villages structures ,
Signpost - kilometers of houses on both side of the road - one chuch - signpost end of the village (!!)dark hair people , lot of old people , and more and more cattle- powered machines ..
Lot of people working in the field with hand power tools - here we are back one century ago.the most common car is the Dacia - copy of the Renault 12
Deeper i go in the country , more cattle and more Dacia .
I wanted to see the carpath mountains and i see them under heavy rains - beautiful. 500km of turning roads
I ll stop not far from the moldova s border , still under heavy rain, in a nice pension- I m completely washed
out .

I change my plan this morning , as crossing Moldova , to enter ukraine , means crossing the self-declared -"country "sesnistria" with tanks in the streets and where the main country's business is a mix of human trafficking, weapon s manufacturing , so big mafia story .. So I give up and decide to ride down on the danau delta and cross the strange border between Romania and Ukraine - a thin line with a strange no mans land-
I reach the border city for lunch time
And while heading east in the 20 No mans land- the bike stop..
I struggle to find out the problem and diagnose the petrol pump gone ! No luck!
I make a plan and by pass the pump , but can only use a small quantity of petrol in the tank which is above the carburators - means 80km maximum..
So heading to Odessa or back to Bucharest ?
Bucharest best option , 300 km - should be a Ktm dealer that can source a pump for me - I doubt I'll find anything like that from now on to the east- I find the
Dealer contact in Bucharest and surprisingly he tells me he s got a pump in stock ! He can give it to me tonight I if I reach Bucharest.
Good
I make the 300 km , refuelling every 60 km , just in case .. Crossing villages with cattles in the middle of the roads and the famous cattle powered machines ..
To reach Bucharest and the remains of ceausescu delirium and his urbanistic visions of dirty huges bullrings everywhere
My contact pop up with the pump , which is unfortunatly not the proper model ad will not fit at all!!
So I have to stay here untill Tuesday. , the dealer promised me I ll have the pump within 24 hours from Monday - Monday is holiday here but they will do the Job for me anywayv on monday to have the pump on time. Nice people !
So I be to stay in Bucharest 3 days waiting ..and I ve 10,000 km left to reach olgii in Mongolia end of June to meet up with my friends to cross Mongolia together
I m just wondering how I can make it in 27 days
It is like the European Community
Doesn't want to let me go..
Let's see tomorrow -

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire