mardi 19 juin 2012

Tashkent , june 18

Still riding with stefano to Tashkent, where we ll split up as he wants to carry on , he s a bit tight on schedule.
300 km of pot holed roads , stop at several petrol stations all of them with no petrol - at the end fill up with bad 80. My system with the switch to start the cooling fan early seems working.
Anyway I will do something today,
As everywhere in Uzbekistan roadblock every 10 km, .. Starts to irritate,
And same small Hyundai or daewoo cars, a bit of old Russian ones but not even one any European car.
Closer to Tashkent worst a the drivers- on "highway" people come on the wrong side facing me on sideline , just turn back in the middle, drive in the middle to avoid pot holes. And approaching the city, horn, noise and aggressive behavior.
Plus again over 40 degrees makes you a bit nervous.
I meet a friend of a friend who offers me to stay at his place , but I prefere to decline to be able to rest.
With the help of a youngster that help him, I find a tyre workshop where I start to work on the bike. After hours , i ve bypassed the thermostat and replaced it by a cars rubber waterline .
Just hope it will work. A hell of work and I start to regret the simples bikes - modern stuffs like electric starter, water cooling, petrol tank low =petrol pump - all tyne problems I had would never happen with an antique xt600 of Xr ..
I don't go around in Tashkent , I don't like it, too many people And noise , I want nature , wide space now , want to get out from there -
Terrible night in an hotel room where the Aircon runs like an airbus with a mattress like a piece of wood

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire