mardi 10 juillet 2012

Mongolia, Altai mountains June 6-10

My friends arrived last night, from Ulaan baator, driving 2000 on hard pistes, with a old ... Ambulance - 3 days do do that, and they are tired.
1.5 days to prepare their bikes , change my 2 tires for proper knobby off road ones ( and by the way to throw away the old ones which are completely dead)small 250 yamaha, just to make them working as the guy who rented them didn't prepare anything.
I plan 4 days north West of olgii , for a first off road stretch of 800 km.
Absolutely fantastic - average altitude 2500/ 3000 m, and difficult terrain, from deep rivers crossing , hard rocky goat tracks, and muddy patches
We spend 4 days in the area and camp in amazing spots - first tyre puncture on one bike , and a lot of bolts and nuts lost..
Mosquitos ( who likes Alvaro a lot.)are quite thirsty
And ..
I m happy they will stay with me all the month as it allows me to go off beaten tracks that I will not do if I was alone - I don't want to die here.
Their cuisine is absolutely better than mine -!
I plan 4000/5000 km off road here, just hope the bike will make it - as after I will still have 8000 km to ride to Korea.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire