jeudi 5 juillet 2012

July 3rd Mongolia!

The road follow a forest free valley , that climbs to 2700 m- cold here-
And sudently - border post .
3 hours to get out of Russia - and 30 km of no man s land with several police check points - it seems that this border is open only for couples of years.
Very few vehicle - 5 or 6.
This is a natural border , and now the road goes down to the mongolian border post - only 2 hours ( for 2 vehicles !) to cross over
When putting the wheels in Mongolia , it turns immediately to gravel road. yesss! No Tarmac any more , and now for over 8000 km I plan to stay around !
Heading to Olgii , first city where I ll wait my friends coming from Ulaan bataar, with their motorbike.- I want to spend lot of time off road and being alone is not a nice idea - so 3 bikes will be ok to go in remote places , particularly in the GOBi desert.
The 140 km to Olgii are gorgeous , absolutely beautiful naked- coloured mountains.
And now with some yurts, camels, and yacks around.
Inm definitly not any more in Russia.
Olgii is the Western Mongolia city and it seems quite a tourist activity by proximity of the beautiful mongol Altai mountains with its glaciers and fantastic lakes.
I find a yurt camp where I ll stay waiting for my friend s and doing some bike maintenance.
I am 15.200 Km away from Marseille, it is time to change my Tyres!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire