jeudi 5 juillet 2012

July 4th and 5th , Mongolia , waiting in olgy

This is super rustic tented camp with rain passing thru the roof,.. Pseudo-Internet and generator powered electricity..the weather is quite cold here.

this is the time for the bike service, 2d oil and filters change, and bolts and nuts tightening !
I plan to ride between 3500 and 5000 km in Mongolia , out of beaten tracks , from the high mountains and the alpine lakes to the Gobi desert and it's heat and sands.
So I spend quite a lot of planning and prepare my navigation tools . After my trip last year in the area, I ve a good idea of the remoteness and difficulties - like sands and deep river crossings. Just hope my Ktm will make it.
I have news from stefano, my Italian biker friend I met in uzbekistan . It seems he had 2 successive break Down with his fuel pump, and he didn't manage to fix it- seems he sold the bike and went back - by the way I don't remember If I noticed that stefano had only .. One leg.
So he was moving his almost 300 kg Honda Africa twin with a single leg.
My friends coming from Ulaan bataar (UB), should have tough time to drive the 2000 km of terrible piste. I plan to hit the road tomorrow- looking forward to it !

1 commentaire:

  1. Salut Thierry, de retour de 15 jours d'Islande au soleil de minuit sous tente avec les 3 "enfants" qui marchent plus vite que moi désormais en montée mais je les rattrape à la descente ..., et des wagons de baleines, phoques et oiseaux, j'admire ton blog de Mongolie, c'est fantastique ! Ce serait chouette que l'on se retrouve pour de vrai dans quelques temps. On t'embrasse. Antoine et Yola

    RépondreSupprimer